Tuesday, September 23, 2014

NOTW Pearls of Music


So this mani was created this week. The intention was to be simplistic enough for an interview I had coming up this week, but also not boring enough for me to was to take it off the same night. It was a little hard for me to do this manicure because of my shaky and sweaty hands (Hyperhidrosis).  So half way through I had to modify one of the designs or I would have been up for hours. Sorry for the lack of content I was unprepared for the waterfall my hand were creating and just plain frustrated, but I prevailed.

The items you will need to  complete this look are:
  • Flat-back Pearls in an assortment of sizes
  • Musical themed nail water decals
  • Cup for water marbling
  • Top/Base coat- 
  • Orly White Out
  • Sally Hanson complete SALON MANICURE 340 Black Platinum


Can you see the sweat starting to bead up? I should have known then that hard times were coming,
 I started off with a base color of white on all my finger. I made sure on my pinky, middle and index finger to have the white opaque. On the thumb and ring finger one coat is enough.
 I used these musical water decals for my middle fingers.
I used these pearls for my pinky, index and thumb
For my thumb I used 340 Black Platinum as the base color and with the aid of nail stripe tape I painted the middle section White Out. I place one medium pearl in the top section.

For the index finger I did the same as the thumb just reversed the colors.

For the middle finger I planned on doing horizontal stripes, but my hands were not having it, So as a back up I used musical themed water decals and just cut them to size.

For my ring finger I did a water marble design.I started with a white base coat. It was my first time trying water marbling and I think I did a dandy job.

For my pinky finger I just placed large, medium, and small pearls in a diagonal line.


Hope you enjoyed this design and check out the video for bloopers and takeout!





Topcoats and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment